Thanks for stopping by and checking out my article on how to change a sewing machine light bulb. The replacement of your light bulb is very important to your sewing. Especially if you are sewing at night. It is very important to have your sewing machine needle light working. If you are a beginner or an advanced sewer, you still want to make sure you are able to see your stitches. The last thing you want is to make a mistake because you can’t see and have to start over.
Tools Needed in the Replacement of Your Sewing Machine Light
Here are the tools needed to replace your sewing machine light bulb.
- Screw driver-some sewing machines have a screw driver included with the purchase of the sewing machine. Other sewing machines require you to provide your own. Make sure you check your manual to see what type of screw driver is needed to open the sewing machine cover.
- Your muscles-you are going to have to use some of your muscles to remove the front cover.
- A replacement light bulb-make sure you check your manual to see what type of replacement light bulb is needed for your sewing machine.
- Patience-although this is a pretty easy job, you still need some patience when replacing your light bulb.
Steps Involved-Sewing Machine Light Bulb Replacement
Here are the steps involved in replacing your sewing machine light bulb:
- Power off and unplug your sewing machine-this prevents you from getting a possible shock from the sewing machine.
- Locate the screw-it is located on the front cover and usually has a bigger hole.
- Check to see what screwdriver is needed-check the screw head to see if you need a flat head screwdriver or a Phillips screwdriver. Or use the screwdriver that came with your sewing machine.
- Loosen and remove the screw-it may pop out so make sure you keep track of the screw.
- Remove the front cover-depending on your sewing machine, you need to remove the front cover. Some of these covers require some muscles to remove. It should just pop off.
- Unscrew the burned out light bulb-make sure to wait for the light bulb to cool down before you remove it.
- Screw in the replacement light bulb-it should just screw in like a regular light bulb in your house.
- Plug the sewing machine back in and turn the power back on. The sewing machine needle light should turn on.
Here is a really nice video on how to change a light bulb on your sewing machine:
Well, there you have it. There is my article on how to replace a sewing machine light bulb. Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment.