“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
There are many different reasons that a person would want to know how to become a sewing machine repair person/technician. Obviously, everyone’s situation is different, so their reasons will be different.
How to Become a Sewing Machine Repair Person/Technician-Reasons
Here are some reasons that people would want to become a sewing machine repair person/technician:
- Career-you may want to go into the sewing machine repair field as a career. There are many companies that use sewing machines that need repair people.
- Career change-some people just need a career change for whatever reason. Becoming a sewing machine repair person/technician may be just the change they need.
- Starting their own sewing business-if you are going to start your own sewing business, you may want to know how to fix your own sewing machines. This will probably save you money in the long run. Fixing your own sewing machines will make your business run smoother. You won’t have to wait for a repair technician to come.
- Reseller-Buying broken sewing machines, fixing them, and reselling them could also work as a nice business for you!!
- Hobby-everyone needs a hobby. Taking apart and putting a sewing machine back together may be your hobby!!
- Repair Business– lots of people still use sewing machines. If you get certified and good at repairing sewing machines, you can start your own sewing machine repair business.
Different Ways to Become a Sewing Machine Repair Person/Technician
Although there is really no degree in sewing machine repair, your customers will want to know how well you know sewing machine repair. Thus, there is different ways to enter the sewing machine repair career. All of these ways will help you in your hobby/business.
- Get certified-obviously your customers will appreciate you going out and getting certified. This will show them that you went out, took the time to study and get certified. Fix Sewing Machines Institute is one of the few places that offer certifications for sewing machine repair.
- Take classes-taking classes is an excellent way of learning hands how to repair a sewing machine. Most of the classes are fairly inexpensive. The best way to find sewing machine repair classes is to Google “sewing machine repair classes near me”.
- Watch videos-believe it or not, you can learn a lot from online videos on how to repair a sewing machine. There are tons of different videos for different repair situations. Make sure you are watching videos of someone who knows what they are doing!!
- Experience-if you have experience in sewing machine repair, you are well on your way to getting into your own business. Customers love the fact that you have done sewing machine repair for awhile. Saying that you are experienced in sewing machine repair for X number of years is a great way to get new customers.
How Much Money Can You Make?
Repairing sewing machines is a great career. Doing what you love is very important and if you are getting into the sewing machine repair field, you obviously like to fix things. How much money you can make really depends on your situation. If you are just looking to be a sewing machine repair mechanic/technician, you can expect to make about $30,000 a year with less than 5 years experience. As the years go on and you get raises and promotions, who knows?
If you are looking to open your own sewing machine repair business, the world is your oyster. Depending on how big you want to grow your business, you could make a lot more than $30,000 a year.
Well, if you are looking for a new career, a new business to open or a career change, sewing machine repair can be a great option!!!!