“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
Thanks for stopping by!! Today we are talking about the best sewing machine for quilters. If you have a budding interest in making quilts, then you will need the right equipment that you can use for your hobby. However, elaborate and bulky quilting machines tend to to take up so much space in a limited floor space, not to mention the hefty price tag of these items. It can also be challenging using a long-arm quilting machine since it requires you to remain standing as you work on your quilt. In terms of practicality, ease of use, and price, you are better of with a portable quilting machine that is easy on the budget and a breeze to deal with.
Moreover, there is nothing more exciting for a beginning quilter than to use a machine that has straightforward functions. The last thing you want is to end up losing your interest in quilting because of a highly complex machine. A portable one is your best bet since you can use it at home or even take it with you on a trip if you want to. It is also ultimately possible to use the machine for other projects other than quilts such as making home decor items, curtains, clothing, and so much more. For a small package, you can do so much, which makes it truly worth the price! So if you are looking for a the best or just a good sewing machine for a quilter, please keep reading.
Our Top 7 Best Sewing Machines for Quilters
- 66 Built In Stitches
- Large Sewing Bed and Throat for Larger Quilts
- Sews 1000 stitches per minute
- 9" x 5" Sewing Bed Space
- Automatic thread cutter, with memory capability
- Light weight and portable
- Arm and bed of TL-2010Q is contructed of aluminum die-casting
- Larger work area - wider handling area than conventional sewing machines
- Automatic Thread Trimmer
- Maximum Predetermined Stop Position of the Needle
- 1,500 Stitches per minute max sewing speed: Maximum stitching of up to 1,500 stitches per minute allows you to sew and quilt...
- Advanced needle threading system: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly...
- Included accessories: The PQ1500SL longarm sewing and quilting machine comes with a wide table, 7 sewing feet, knee-lifter,...
- Precision pin feeding system: It's so easy to sew a wide variety of fabric thicknesses thanks to Brother's Pin Feed system...
- At your side support: The PQ1500SL quilting and sewing machine comes with Brother At your side support offering free...
- 120 Built-In Sewing Stitches with a Built-In Alphabet - Your Possibilities are Endless with 120 Built-In Stitches! Sew Quilt...
- Jam Proof Easy-Set Top-Loading Bobbin System - It's Easy To Change Your Bobbin. Simply Follow the Track and the Machine will...
- Handy Function Buttons - The Thread Cutter Button will Cut Both the Top and Bottom Thread with the Touch of a Button. The...
- Comes With an Incredible Amount of Accessories - Hard Cover, Extension Table, Instructional DVD, Zig-Zag “A” Sewing Foot,...
- Also Comes With - 1/4” Seam “O” Sewing Foot with Guide, Zig-Zag “F2” Sewing Foot, Automatic Buttonhole “R”...
- 60 Unique built-in stitches: The Brother CS6000i includes 60 built-in sewing stitches, including decorative stitches and 7...
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that...
- Included accessories: The CS6000i includes a hard protective case, wide table, 10 sewing feet, needle set including twin...
- LCD Screen: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- 25 Year limited warranty: The CS6000i is backed by a 25 Year limited warranty with free technical support for the life of the...
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features...
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to...
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts...
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850...
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot,...
- Metal frame: The Brother Designio DZ1234 is a durable 3-4 thread serger made with a metal frame
- High performance: A high performance 3-4 thread serger with an adjustable stitch width between 3.0 millimeter to 7.0...
- 1,300 stitches per minute: Create more in less time with the dz1234's fast stitching speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute
- Easy to thread: Easy-to-use with color-coded thread guides, numbered upper and lower thread loppers, included instructional...
- Included accessory feet: The dz1234 comes with 3 accessory feet including blind hem stitch, gathering and piping feet in...
Best Sewing Machine for Quilters-What to Look For
Over the past years, quilting machines have greatly improved when it comes to the additional features and benefits they offer for quilters of all levels. To help you buy just the perfect sewing machine you need, here are a few factors you may want to keep in mind.
Sewing machines can go as high as $600, but there are also those under $150. Decide on the amount of money you are willing to spend for your sewing machine before you start shopping. Is quilting a hobby that you like to do on your free time, or are you hoping to devote much of your time and energy to it with the possibility of turning your craft into a business? If you are a beginner, you may want to explore further on machines that are in the lower price range. Brother is a good brand with inexpensive, yet reliable sewing machine models suitable for both beginners and advanced quilters.
2. Make a Comparison
The features you can get from a sewing machine vary depending on the price you pay. If you are willing to pay more, perhaps over $200, then you can get more perks than what you can expect from those in the lower price range. These extra features include a wider throat for bigger quilts, hundreds of decorative stitches, needle down position, and higher quality stitches. But if you think you do not need these bonuses, then you will be more than satisfied with a basic but dependable sewing machine from a notable brand.
3. Ease of Use
A user-friendly sewing machine is the perfect choice for a beginning quilter. An efficient threading and bobbin winding system can make a huge difference when it comes to those who are just starting out with this craft. Plus, you will want some built-in stitches and stitch functions that make it much easier and more fun to quilt and sew. If you are only using light or even medium fabrics, a machine designed for beginners is more than enough for your needs.
Review of the Brother CS6000i–Our Top Choice!!
Newbies in the quilting world will fall in love with the Brother CS6000i by Brother. This machine may not have the bulk and size of an advanced quilting machine, but it is still packed with great features for your quilting and sewing projects. Below are among the best features of this sewing machine with a quilting table.
1. Built-In Stitches
This machine comes with 140 types of stitch functions, 100 decorative built-in stitches, and 8 styles of a single-step buttonholes. There are also 55 alphanumeric impressive stitches built into the unit, which you can use for basic monogramming or lettering. The machine also lets you know the presser foot you need to use with a particular stitch, so there is not much learning curve necessary in figuring this one out.
There are basic features in this machine that makes sewing a breeze from start to finish. The drop-in bobbin and auto needle threader are easy to use, aside from giving beginners a much quicker time in getting started. Other useful features that add to the overall fun experience in sewing and quilting include the needle position button and a back-lit LCD screen for viewing and selecting stitches you want to use.
3. Accessories Included
For the price you pay for this sewing machine, you can a wide range of accessories that allow you to do so much, along with the great savings you get from not having to buy these items. These functional accessories include 3 bobbins, ball point needle, twin needle, needle set and accessory pouch, cleaning brush, seam ripper, Blindstitch foot, button sewing foot, zipper foot, overcasting foot, zigzag foot, buttonhole foot, monogramming foot, spool pin, and screwdriver. There is also a user’s manual to help you as you learn the ropes in using this sewing machine.
Limitations to Consider
This sewing machine has no problem with basic fabrics such as cotton and the like. However, it may be best to avoid using very delicate fabrics or even denim as those materials. But for your regular quilting and sewing projects involving lighter or medium fabrics, this machine can handle them all without a problem.
Also, there is a table attachment included, which comes in handy for the average sewer. But if you are a quilter, it may be a tad small, although it still works.
Overall, the Brother CS6000i sewing machine is good for its price considering its features and functionalities. This machine is something that beginning quilters will enjoy using, and you can also transition to the advanced level without having to invest in another machine or buy more accessories.
Here are some of the pros and cons that we have for the Brother:
- Great monogram feature
- Auto needle threader
- Easy drop in bobbin
- Tons of stitches
- Table attachment
- DVD that comes with machine
- Speed control switch
- Lots of accessories
- Great for free motion quilting
- Auto needle stop
- Thread cutters
- Wide range of needle positions
- Not a large area for huge quilts
Well, there you have it. We hope that we have helped you with your purchasing decision. Thanks for stopping by and checking out our article on the best sewing machine for quilters!!!
Last update on 2020-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API