“Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these”
Starting your own business can be a daunting thought, but it can also be one of the most have rewarding things which you can do, and the best decision of your life. A home based business gives you a freedom which you cannot experience when working for someone else. Have you an interest in embroidery? Then, an embroidery home business could be exactly the thing for you. Today, we are going to review the best embroidery machine for small home business use.
Starting small and working your way up is a great way to start any business. If you do the same with an embroidery business, you can keep your guaranteed income of a regular job while building your embroidery customer base. The best thing about starting your own embroidery business is that you can start out very cheaply.
If you work from your own home, you have no overhead. All you need is some fabric and an embroidery machine, and embroidery machines have never been more affordable. We going to have a look at some of the best embroidery machines for home business.
- 1 Best Embroidery Machine for Small Home Business Comparison Chart
- 2 Why Start Your Own Embroidery Business?
- 3 Best Embroidery Machine for Small Home Business Use-What To Look For?
- 4 Best Embroidery Machine For Home Business Use Reviews
- 5 Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000
- 6 Janome MB-4S
- 7 Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 8 SINGER | Futura XL-580 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
Best Embroidery Machine for Small Home Business Comparison Chart
If you are looking to start your own embroidery home business, here is a great comparison chart for the best embroidery machine for small home business.
|Product||Built In Designs||Rating out of 5||Preview|
|Janome Horizon Memory 12000||338||4.5||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Janome MB-4S||50||4.4||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine||138||4.8||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Singer Futura XL-580||215||4.2||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Brother PE770||136||4.3||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Singer Futura XL400 Embroidery Machine||125||4.5||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Why Start Your Own Embroidery Business?
First of all, you do not need a lot of time, space, and money to start your own home embroidery business. A small embroidery machine does not take up a lot of space, and after that, you only need the space for you to be able to work. You may need space to store fabric as your business grows, but that is a welcome problem.
When you start your business, you do not need to worry about getting your hands dirty. You are using an embroidery machine and fabric. There is no mess to clean up at the end of the day. You also get to practice your creativity. Even if you just need an outlet for your creative thoughts, embroidery is a great way to do that.
Embroidery also has great growth. Customers are everywhere; from regular people to large businesses, there are people everywhere who will need your services. This means that it is a business which needs less marketing than some others. When you begin to grow, it is also easy to trade your equipment for the next upgrade.
Best Embroidery Machine for Small Home Business Use-What To Look For?
So, you have decided to bite the bullet and get yourself an embroidery machine? What should you be looking for?
- Brand name: If you are going to start a home based embroidery business, one of the best things to do is make sure you purchase a good, brand named embroidery machine. Companies like Brother, Janome and Singer offer you a great product and great customer service. You cannot go wrong with one of the name brands. There are many new companies on the market who are creating great machines, but the ones who have been in the game for many years have been able to refine and give you quality.
- Versatility: You should also know what you want. Do you need an embroidery machine or are you going to sew too? If you need to sew, then you may want a combination machine. If you are serious about what you are doing, you may want to invest in one of each to get the best out of them. Make sure that your embroidery machine can do hat embroidery if you are getting into the hat embroidery business.
- Type of Embroidery Machine: What type of embroidery are you going to do? Do you want to focus on it all or are you going to specialize? Are you going to deal mainly with monograms? Your work area does not need to be large, but if you are going to be doing a lot of quilting or large fabric work, then you will need a work area which will reflect that.
- Cost: Make sure you purchase an embroidery machine that won’t break the bank. Take the time to know your business and ensure that you have a machine which either has the designs you need or has the ability to download them. Your cost will also be a factor. A better machine will work quicker and more accurately. Set a budget, know your requirements, and pick the machine which is perfect for you.
- Size: If you are going to do your embroidery business at home, make sure get a machine that fits comfortably in the room you are going to use it. You don’t want to purchase a big monster machine and have it not fit in your house!!!
- Designs: Make sure the embroidery machine you get has enough designs to support your business.
Best Embroidery Machine For Home Business Use Reviews
Now that we have gone over what to look for in an embroidery machine for a home based business, we are now going to go over our reviews. There are other, cheaper embroidery machines that are on the market today, but we don’t think that they can handle a home business like these can.
This is a professional machine. Janome has been a trusted name in the sewing and embroidery world for many years, and ever since this machine was introduced, it has been a staple for embroidery around the world. If you are looking to start an embroidery business at home, or want to upgrade your embroidery machine, then this is a great place to start. Here are some of the great features that we absolutely love about this machine!!
- Internet connection-The internet connection is where the real power comes from. You have access to a multitude of designs which can be downloaded easily, but more power comes from being able to connect your machine to a PC or laptop to monitor your design as the details are being added to the fabric. If you cannot find the design you are looking for, or want to tweak an existing design, then the stitch composer will give you that ability.
- Designs-You can easily take a design and add or remove stitches. You can adjust stitches slightly or copy and paste them. If you want to start from scratch, you can do that too. You can then watch a live animation of how the stitch will be applied to the fabric, allowing you to make any last-minute changes before you begin. You can choose between 425 decorative, utility, and embroidery stitches, as well as 338 embroidery designs, 13 buttonholes, 10 fonts, and letter monogramming.
- Display screen– We love the display screen. The LCD touchscreen is large and clear. You can use a stylus to move between menu options and choose your design or stitch. The full-color screen is easy to use, and by manipulating the red circle at the bottom of the screen.
- Well lit/Magnifying glass– Embroidery is a detailed process and if your eyes are not what they used to be, or even if they are, you will benefit from the magnifying glass which is built-in just above the needle. There are also ten LED lights. You can adjust these lights to help aid you when you are embroidering in low-light conditions or when you need to work on some extra-fine detail.
- AcuFeed Flex– The AcuFeed Flex is a great benefit, especially when you are quilting. The system allows for a smooth feed of the fabric, especially when you are feeding multiple layers. The pressure on the fabric is also adjusted depending on the thickness of it, helping you to take advantage of the precision stitches and decorative stitches. You can also create stitches which are up to 9mm wide, another great benefit for quilters. The 9mm stitch option can also be controlled by your knee so that you do not need to take your hands off of the fabric to make a change.
- Speed– This machine is fast. It can operate at up to 1,000 stitches per minute which is amazing to watch. Even at the highest speed, the quality is not compromised. When the machine is done with this design, after quietly adding all of the stitches, the result will look as if it were hand-stitched by a master craftsman. Add this to the fact that you can stitch on almost any fabric, and you have an extremely powerful machine. You can add your designs to lace or rubber, and you will have the same great result.
- Versatility– If you are going into the embroidery business, then this machine will help to take that business to the next level. The computerized system is easy to use, and there are a number of designs to choose from. The ability to tweak those designs or create your own really expands your possibilities. This is a stable and solid machine which is packed with a generous amount of accessories, features, and benefits. A great all-around machine for any home business.
Here is a great (long) video showing you all of the features of the Janome 12000!!!
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmk1SlgWDA]Click Here to View the Janome 12000 on Amazon
Janome knows how to make great sewing machine and embroidery machines, and this one is no different. This is a commercial-grade embroidery machine, but user-friendly enough to be used at home for personal projects or as part of a home business. Janome was, in fact, the first company to produce a commercial embroidery machine for home use. Here are some of the features that we love about the Janome MB-4S:
- Speed- The main selling feature here is the speed. This embroidery machine can stitch at speeds of up to 800 stitches per minute, but with the option to stitch 4 different threads at the same time, this machine is up to four times faster than single-needle machines. You can output your designs a lot quicker, and you will find that the productivity of the machine does not detract from its portability and compactness. For a machine which can do so much, it has a small footprint and will not take up too much room in your home when in storage or in use.
- Bobbin winder-The dedicated bobbin winder is a real time saver and makes your embroidery run smoother. Instead of having to wait for the machine to finish before you wind a new bobbin, you can do it while your embroidery is in motion. The bobbin winder is also extremely easy to use. The great thing is that it is completely out of the way of the work area. You do not have to take time away from your work to load and thread a bobbin. When you are running a home business, this saved time is like solid gold.
- Automatic Needle Threader- Other automatic functions also take this machine to the next level. The automatic needle threader will automatically thread the needle and cut the thread for you. This is especially helpful between letters and helps your letters look tidy and professional.
- Well lit screen-The back lit LCD screen is great. The screen size if large, and the push-button controls are intuitive and easy to use.
- Designs– There are 50 inbuilt designs to choose from, should you want to start with something that is already loaded into the embroidery machine. There are also 10 included fonts and 2 and 3 letter monogramming at your disposal. The memory size is impressive, and you can download many designs, extending the memory if needed.
- Easy to use– We like how easy this machine is to use. This embroidery machine may have four needles, but threading it is not a challenge or a hassle. There are easy to follow color-coded thread guides. As long as you follow the guides, it is easier to thread this machine than it is to thread a regular sewing or embroidery machine.
- Hoops and other accessories included– The arms and hoops, which come included with the machine, are easy to use and snap into place. When you are finished your work, they snap out so you can move onto the next project. These hoops also help you to create exclusive lace products. This lace designs can be downloaded, or you can create some of your own. If you have another fabric which you would like to use, then there are almost none which are out of bounds. You also have a multitude of accessories at your disposal.
If you are starting your own embroidery business from home or even if you are interested in creating professional embroidery for your own enjoyment, then this machine will do it all for you. This is definitely not a machine for a beginner, and it is not a machine for sewing with. This is a serious embroidery machine which will make some awesome looking designs.Click Here to View the Janome MB-4S on Amazon
With a lot of praise and multiple awards for their sewing and embroidery machines, Brother is one of the leaders in embroidery technology. If you are starting your own home business, then a Brother machine should not be overlooked. This is one of their best. We highly recommend this one. Here are some of the great features of the Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine:
- Large embroidery area– The first thing you will notice with this machine is the large embroidery area. Most machines will give you a 4 by 4 working area. This Brother machine has a 5 by 7 area. The obvious advantage is that you are able to work on larger areas of embroidery at one time.
- 8 Versatile Feet– You also have 8 different feet which can be used, and a great feature is the ability to increase the functionality for the machine by allowing you to manipulate the feet with your knee.
- Touch screen– The touch screen may be smaller than others, but it is clear and uncluttered, allowing you to easily choose and manipulate your design.
- Designs-There are 138 built in designs to keep you occupied from the very start of your embroidery business journey. One key feature of this embroidery machine is how easy it is to download and use new designs. There is enough memory space on this machine to download many more designs, and the intuitive way in which you download and use new designs make this a machine which any level of user will enjoy using. This will make your home business rock!!!
- Stitches- Where beginners may get lost, and where experienced users will flourish, is in the options and functionality of the machine. This machine is set up to tackle tough projects. You will need to spend a little time getting to know exactly what this machine can do, but when you do, there is almost no project which you cannot take on. You have access to 240 built-in stitches.
- Fonts-You get 7 different embroidery fonts to choose from. This is another huge benefit for starting your home business.
- Feed System– One thing we like about this sewing machine is the feed system which helps to feed all thicknesses and layers of fabric evenly and without them bunching up.
- My Custom Stitch (see video below)– The My Custom Stitch software enables you to create your own designs or tweak other designs. If there is not a design in the 138 inbuilt designs which will get the job done, and you cannot find a design to download, then you have the option to modify a design or create one from scratch.
- USB Stick– If you want to get really creative, you also get a USB stick to put on your machine so you can get even more designs from the internet.
- Drop-Feed– The drop-feed capability basically lets you draw your own design with thread!! How cool is that?
- Accessories– When it comes to accessories, this machine comes with everything you could need. The machine comes with 64 spools of embroidery thread, a CD containing 15,000 embroidery designs, pre-wound bobbins, hoops, scissors, and more.
- Speed– This is a professional embroidery machine for your home business. You can embroider at up to 650 stitches per minute, and if you need to do some sewing too, then you have the option to sew at up to 850 stitches per minute.
- Functions– The functions on this machine, both on the touchscreen and the machine itself, are easy to use. Starting the machine, reversing the stitch, and moving the needle up and down can all be done at the touch of a button. If you are only just starting out, or if you are a seasoned embroiderer, this machine will be a great help.
Here is a great video showing you the My Custom Stitch Feature!!!
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLsbcJTBmGk]Click Here to View the Brother SE1900 on Amazon
This home machine made by Singer will allow you to add embroidery and sewing to your business. If you are starting your own craft empire, then this machine will help you expand. Not only is this embroidery machine made by a great company, it is also one of their best embroidery machines for home business. Here are the features we love about the Singer XL-580:
- Compact/Lightweight– This machine is compact and will fit into any room in your house. A sturdy body does not mean that you will be weighted down. This embroidery machine comes in at exactly 5 pounds, meaning that it is extremely portable. You will have no problems moving this in and out of storage if you need to, and if you want to move around with this embroidery machine, then you have that option. We like an embroidery machine which is easy to transport but, even more, we like an embroidery machine which is easy to use.
- Extra long arm– The classic white body of a regular sewing machine is extended with an extra-long arm to give you the large work area for embroidery.
- Very well built– One thing we like about this machine is how sturdy and solid it feels. The exterior may look and feel like many embroidery machines out there, but underneath is a motor and frame which is concrete.
- Swiftsmart Threading System– This Singer machine comes with a Swift Smart Threading System. On the chassis of the machine are easy-to-follow instructions. You simply guide the needle through the groove, moving it from the spool area to the needle area while pressing on the thread level. Never again will you have the frustration of trying to manually thread your needle.
- Knee Lifter– Another way this machine battles frustration is with the knee lifter. It can often be hard to lift the presser foot when you are holding onto the fabric, especially when you are dealing with heavier fabric like quilts. The knee lifter allows you to keep your hands on the fabric while you lift the presser foot by manipulating the lifter with your knee.
- Designs– This machine gives you a lot of options when it comes to embroidery. There are 50 embroidery designs pre-loaded into this machine. You also have a 6.75 by 4 working area. This lets you create bigger designs than most standard embroidery machines. Not only can you create contained designs, but the working area is great for adding borders on your larger projects, such as quilts and tablecloths.
- Functions– Other features include an automatic bobbin threader and a thread cutter to take any pain out of the process of embroidery.
- Embroidery or Sewing– This machine also opens you up to sewing alongside embroidery, and with the added complications of sewing, it is nice to see that the instructions for this machine are clear and concise. If you have ever used a sewing machine or an embroidery machine before, then you will have no problem learning to use this machine with minimal use of the instructions. The markings on the chassis of the machine itself help to guide you through the day-to-day operation of the embroidery machine.
- Great company– Singer has been creating sewing machine for years; their first was released in 1851. They were the pioneer of practical sewing machines. It was only a matter of time before they moved into embroidery. This embroidery and sewing machine is great for all skill levels. If you are experienced in embroidery, you are not going to find a lot new here, but if you are only just starting out with your home business, you are going to get what you need. When you combine embroidery with sewing, you have a lot here at your disposal.
Here is a video by Singer showing off the features of the Singer XL-580 Sewing and Embroidery Machine!!!
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM82S_xkLWw]Click Here to View the Singer XL-580 on Amazon
Well, there you have it. We hope that we have helped you in your purchasing decision. Thanks for stopping by and checking out our article on the best embroidery machine for small home business use. Please feel free to leave a comment!!